Monday, December 22, 2008

What God Meant for Me...

This was shared with me by a user on a fertility website that I am affiliated with I really puts my fertility journey into perspective and has helped me through a few very though times...

I am a religious person and my faith in what God
means when he gives people certain challenges
has kept me going through this ordeal.
What do I think God meant when he gave me Infertility?
I think he meant for my husband and I to grow closer,
become stronger, love deeper.
I think God meant for us to find the fortitude within ourselves
to get up every time infertility knocks us down.
I think God meant for our medical community to discover medicines,
invent medical equipment, create procedures and protocols.
I think God meant for us to find a cure for Infertility.

No, God never meant for me to not have children.
That's not my destiny, that's just a fork in the road I'm on.
I've been placed on the road less traveled,
and like it or not, I'm a better person for it.

Clearly, God meant for me to overcome my devastation,
my guilt and my sorrow in order to develop more compassion,
deeper courage, and greater inner strength
on this journey to resolution and I haven't let Him down.

Frankly, if the truth be known, I think God meant
for me to build a thirst for a child so strong and
so deep that when that baby is finally placed in my arms it will
be the longest, coolest, most refreshing drink I've ever known.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog -that's how I found yours! :-) Wow, thanks for sharing this! I've read similiar poems but this really hit home for me today....I'll be praying that this cycle is successful for you! (((HUGS)))

kaceyedgar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.