Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009 Word of the Year!!!



My word for 2009 is HOPE.

HOPE - It seems like such a simple word. Just four tiny letters. But those letters, those small insignifigant letters create one of the most powerful and amazing words that I know.

The definition of HOPE is:
a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life.
Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best.

That is amazing to me, Hope is the belief in a positive outcome, I love to believe that all I need is to believe! It is just so simple and easy. Just believe, just have faith. No matter how bad it gets, how far down the latter we fall, even when it seems that there is no chance of a positive outcome or when all of our resourses have been exahusted, we still have something, we still have Hope!

One of my favorite songs is Our Hope Endures ~ by Natalie Grant, It is so powerful. The song talks about suffering and still holding on. It talks about standing your ground when the world around you is crumbling.

Our Hope Endures ~ Natalie Grant

Versus 1 ~
You would think only so much can go wrong
Calamity only strikes once
And you assume this one has suffered her share
Life will be kinder from here
Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years
Sometimes the sky rains night after night
When will it clear?

Chorus ~
But our Hope endures the worst of conditions
It's more than our optimism
Let the earth quake
Our Hope is unchanged


How can Hope not be my word this year with all that I have to be hopeful for??

My Hopes for 2009:

To accept what God believes is best for my life!!
To be blessed with pregnancy!!
To have a healthy pregnancy!!
To have healthy baby(ies)!!
To have a most fulfilled and loving marriage!!


Whatever you choose as your word this year. Always remember that it starts with HOPE!!

Love Always, Kacey

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, how right you are! I agree, all of us need HOPE to make it through each day.....esp with the journeys we've been dealt.

Tara Bennett said...

What a beautiful word and post. I'm going to check out that song for sure. Best wishes for 2009 and always!