Sunday, January 11, 2009

Guilty

I feel so guilty at this moment. I had signed up in early December to help with the Children's Choir program at my church and tonight was the kick of party. I just can not seem to make myself go. The thought of being around a hundred tiny children is overwhelming. I just don't think that I can be there and not cry. I feel so guilty though because I know that this is for the children and I am putting myself first. I did let the director know that I would love to help make the costumes or decorate for any of the performances, anything that keeps me out of direct contact with the children. Am I making a wrong decision for not being there??

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You have to do what feels right with you. The Lord understands and never ever gives us more than what we can handle. We both know that from experience. You will fulfill your promise to help doing behind the scenes work. That is just as important as dealing with them directly. As always, put it in God's hands and go on!! He will never fail you no matter what!!!! Love ya - Kris

Angie said...

First, sorry this is so late - I've been away this week and just catching up.

It's hard. Some days are harder than others. Things out of our control. But you have every right to protect your heart on the things you can control. Good for you for offering to do behind the scenes work - I hope and pray you have found peace and let the guilt go. (((HUGS)))